Legalization of Online Cricket Betting in India
All over the world, gambling online is becoming more and more popular. From sports rates to games in the casino, more and more people discover the availability and pleasure of gambling online. Sports betting and gambling in India has a fairly broad market. Because online sports betting is legal, gamblers gather on sports betting websites and apps to follow and bet on live events. Cricket betting is one of the most large-scale sports betting markets in India. With test matches, night matches, the Indian Premier League and other cricket tournaments taking place throughout the year, the sport is the true passion of almost all Indians. Let us recall that the Indian cricket team is among the most elite in the world and currently ranks second in the overall ICC rankings after the representative of England.
India’s love for cricket is no secret. The sport has a rich history in the country as it was brought by the British in the 1700s. It has been part of Indian culture for a long time and will most likely remain so in the future. In 1867, in India, which at that time was still a British colony (it acquired the status of an independent country in 1947), a law was passed banning any type of betting, that is, the betting business and other gambling were completely banned. This law is valid to this day, but it does not say a word about online betting since it was taken before the digital age. Due to this, bookmakers use this hole in the law to provide their services to the people of India.
Local sports betting platforms accept Rupee, the national currency of India, as the main payment method. But also foreign platforms that work as offshore company, accept Indian rupees, as well as other payment and deposit methods. Many sports betting sites now accept UPI which is the most trusted and common online payment method in India! Some of the other common deposit methods are:
- Google Pay;
- Internet banking in India;
Official Legalization and Regulation of Online Betting in India
The legalization of online betting is a very real possibility in the future. Many Indian states have already begun legalizing and regulating online betting sites in India. This step may be taken by other states in the future. There may also be central or federal laws that can legalize and regulate online betting sites across India. It would make huge profits for the government by licensing betting sites and making them pay taxes and other financial obligations like any other business. The new rules, if approved, will also allow even more betting sites to appear in India through live advertising, giving players even more choice! The more competition, the better the bonuses, and hence the rewards! When the new bills will come into force remains to be seen.
Things to remember
Cricket is definitely one of the most popular sports in India. As sport rates are flourishing in India, players are looking for reliable and trustworthy online bookmakers so that they can invest their hard money into work. There are many online consumers on the market, and they not only offer opportunities for bets on individual sports, but also offer all sports. The most important thing is to choose a reliable bookmaker that has a license and has been operating for a long time. The presence of a license serves as a confirmation of the integrity of the site and a guarantee of timely payment of bonuses. There are several main conditions that must be met:
- You must be over 18 years old to bet real money in the app;
- You can only register one account with a particular bookmaker;
- When registering, you must provide true information about yourself;
- To get access to all the features of the bookmaker and make money transactions without restrictions, you need to pass verification.
Signs of the Best Cricket Betting Site
Very often, bettors can register at unlicensed and gambling websites, which may pose some threat to the players (cricket in India alone accounts for 75-85% of sports betting revenues). Therefore, it is so important to choose reliable sites that you will completely trust. Here are the factors that you need to pay attention when registering:
- Welcome Offer. One thing you should consider when accepting this bonus is the terms and conditions associated with it. While some bonuses may seem tempting to begin with, they can also prevent you from withdrawing money. It is imperative that you read the fine print associated with the welcome bonus;
- Loyalty Bonuses / Schemes. Some gambling platforms will also have loyalty schemes which reward the bettors for playing on the site. The more active the player, the more the betting website is willing to spend to keep him happy;
- Streaming. Betting sites will even allow you to broadcast events through their platforms;
- Banking and Payment Options. As a rule, preference is given to the betting site that provides the most comprehensive list of payment methods;
- Support Service. The professional customer support group is crucial. The players should be able to ask the questions to the customer support team. Avoid betting sites that only answer questions regarding withdrawals.
If you take into account all the moments specified in this article, then your betting will pass as comfortably and profitable as possible