What is Megavac 7 about?
Megavac-7 Vaccine is a mutual vaccine for canines, comprising of one freeze-dried component vial and one liquid component vial. The freeze-dried component contains live attenuated canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus type-2 (CAV-2), canine parvovirus and parainfluenza virus, and The liquid module inactivated canine adenovirus type-1 (CAV-1), inactivated Leptospira strains.
Points to keep in mind while vaccinating a dog:
Dogs with pre-existing illness/ incubating diseases/ transportation stress and animals recovering from a disease should not be vaccinated.
• Vaccination during pregnancy should be avoided. care should be exercised to avoid injury to the fetus during restraining.
• Dogs suffering from fever, malnutrition, skin infection, parasitic infections, and infestations and animals under corticosteroid treatment should not be vaccinated.
• In case of an allergic reaction after vaccination, suitable drugs like adrenaline or corticosteroid or any other anti-allergic treatment should be initiated under veterinary supervision.
megavac 7 Vaccination schedule:
- Primary vaccination: 2 months of age
- Booster dose:3 months of age
- 2nd booster dose: 4 months of age
- Re-vaccination: yearly
Megavac 7 vaccine price in India: Rs 270 per piece
Megavac 6 vaccine:
- Hepatitis (CAV2)
- Hepatitis (CAV1)
- Leptospira canicola, Leptospira icterohaemorrhagiae.
- Live Attenuated viruses: Inactivated antigens
Megavac 6 vaccine price in India: Rs 215 per piece.