- 1. Indian Bulbul Birds are medium-sized Passerine songbirds. The word bulbul is acquired from Persian and initially denoted as the nightingale, a songbird renowned for its soft and melodious singing.
- 2. Typically found in the African rain forests and South Asia and they are mainly found in exposed habitats but not in the thickly matured forest areas.
- 3. They occupy open forests, scrub, farms, villages, and cities, combination off while breeding but contrarily going about in small groups.
- 4. During the monsoon season, the Bulbul Bird pair occupy areas with bigger tree thickness in the city post the season and then you see much less of them until the succeeding breeding season.
- 5.The nest of bulbul bird is cup-shaped, roughly but sturdily assembled of grass, roots, fibers, thin stalks, and is creased with bigger grass stems and roots. They are habitually positioned in thickets.
Bulbuls pick a similar nesting location each year. They hang on to a group of 3-4 eggs. Their chicks stay with them and are nurtured well by their parents till they acquire to fly high.
Bulbul Birds are approximately 120 kinds of medium-sized, perching birds, scattered among 15 groups, and creating up the clan Pycnonotidae.
Bulbuls have relatively short, smooth-edged wings, a long tail, small, relatively gentle legs and feet, a slight, slender bill, and noticeable bristles around the base of the top jawbone (these are known as rictal bristles). The physique mass of bulbuls ranges from 7 – 13 in (15–28 cm). They usually live in large vented cages but due to their high level of activity, they mostly prefer, staying outdoors.
Red-vented bulbul birds have a friendly personality. They do mark the most charming companions and in fragments of Asia are kept and preserved considerably as are parrots. Their lively nature always livens up gloomy days.
When they onset their singing beyond usual, we may perhaps undertake that the bird is trying to connect and the nurturing season is about to initiate. This is typically from February to May.
Indian Bulbul Birds Food
1. Ivy gourd
2. Fruits like banana, Grapes, Apples
3. Fruits from Banyan tree
4. Coriander leaves
5. Tomatoes, Potatoes
6. Baby bulbul birds can be feed with diluted cereals
7. Hard-boiled eggs
8. Dried meat and worms9. Small insects